Thursday, October 2, 2008

What I Miss From Home

It goes without saying that I miss my family-my parents and brothers most of all. I also miss my friends, especially those that I see or speak to on a daily basis in the United States, like Courtney, Sherah, and Pablo. Missing people occurs on all trips and travels, so while they are something very big that I miss from home, I am not worried because I know that these people are also experiencing new and wonderful things-whether abroad or at home. I also know that I love them all dearly and each day my heart grows stronger and bigger because of that love.
Of material things, I would say that I miss most of all running outside in parks. What I long for and day dream about are Wash Park in Denver, the mountains in Nederland and the lakes and river in Minneapolis. I picture the beautiful open spaces and more than ever I to be in a place where I can be anonymous. I desire to run and not have people stare at me or say things to me. I long to sit on green grass and just sit. I long for green spaces that are safe and clean and secluded. I long to feel small next to the giant mountains and serene on the banks of the flowing river.

No comments: