Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cooking with Mommy-ji










































I had a great night last night and such a wonderful homecoming.  After school Mommy-ji taught me how to make two of my favorite food dishes-garlic chutney and gatte bele!  I also learned to make chapati.  Then, after dinner Akshara did henna on both Rachel and I.  We also played some rounds of Guess Who and looked at Mommy-ji and Papa-ji's wedding photo album.  It is so nice being back at our home.  
This food is SOOOOO DELICIOUS!  I can't wait to make it for family and friends back home! 
Photo 1: Mommy-ji working her magic in the kitchen.  Photo 2: Mommy-ji's spices! Photo 3: gatte bele on the left, garlic chutney on the right Photo 4: Garlic chutney ready to be served to eat separately and also added to the gatte bele Photo 5: Dinner: garlic chutney, chapati, mix veggies and gatte bele 

No comments: