Monday, October 13, 2008

Aloo Gobhi and Head Massages






Last night Mommy-ji taught me how to make one of Rachel's favorite dishes, Aloo gobhi (potato cauliflower).  After we made the dish, we were playing cards with Akshay and Akshara when Mommy-ji asked us if we ever oil our hair.  Both Rachel and I responded in the negative, so Mommy-ji got out coconut oil and gave both of us head massages.  The massages felt great!  This morning over tea, Papa-ji was talking to me about how reiki, and healing touch are very important parts of health care and wellness.  That's when Mommy-ji chimed in to say that the head massages she gave us last night are like a form of healing touch.  Papa-ji also pointed out that the oil will make our hair shiny and soft!  Its a running joke in our host family that little by little we are becoming "real Indian daughters," and last night was definitely part of that transformation!  

1 comment:

Noah said...

Oh dang! I would eat those potatoes so fast. I might be down to put some oil on my head too. Love your pictures. Hope you're doing well.
Love,
Noah