Friday, October 3, 2008

Central Park

I wanted to post to reassure anyone worried that it is unsafe for me to go running.  I have recently started going running with my Papa-ji in the mornings at Central Park.  Central Park is a beautiful area where it is very common and safe for people to exercise.  The past 5 mornings we have gone to the park-Papa-ji walks and I run around the 5km perimeter.  This has been such a wonderful addition to my day, even though it does mean getting up at 6am!  And now, although I still miss the parks of Minneapolis and Denver, I am not having the great longings for clean, green space that I was before.  So, for anyone who was worried because of my last few posts, don't worry!  Everything is just fine!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Hannah-- I am a member of Bethany and my husband is from New Delhi He is Sikh and I have visited the temple that was the source of your lack if sleep. I'm sorry you had the hit and I think these things happen everywhere. Has happened to me in the US but not in India. The staring thing is a bit much-- it was cute when little kids thought I was ma movie star or something cause of my blond hair/blue eyes but it gets old with others. The caste system., I think, is variable according to areas. Sometimes traditions are more pronounced in certain families just like it is here, like whether traditional roles for men and women are encouraged or not! Interesting to see different cultures! When I have visited I missed people just being nice because they were and not giving directions or bathroom info for a price,People however are very nice and warm after you spend time there--but some things are just very different==Kathy