Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mama-ji's house













































Yesterday we had a full day!  Grace and Amanda had slept over the night before so in the morning we had breakfast with Grace and our siblings.  Then Grace and I went to check out a gym to see if we want to get a membership.  I decided not to get the membership because it is 800 rupees a month (which isn't bad), but the treadmills are only for walking and not running! BUMMER! But today I ran (for the second time this trip) and it wasn't so bad.  People looked at me the whole time, but that happens all the time anyway, so its not a big deal.  Also, Papa ji told me today at breakfast that he wants to start walking in the mornings, so I think we are going to go to a park together tomorrow for him to walk and me to run.  (Reminds me of my summer walking with my USA dad while he was training for his walking marathon)  We then went with our siblings and Amanda to the movies.  We saw an awesome Bollywood film called "Rock On!"  It was all in Hindi, but we got the gist of it-and there was a lot of good music.  Right when we got back from the movie we got in another rickshaw and headed to our mommy-ji's brother's house.  It was so nice.  They served us delicious food, and LOTS of it, we visited a beautiful, breathtaking temple.  It is all hand carved and took 4 years and 6 months to build.  It was started in 2000 and finished in 2005.  It is a temple for Lord Krishna.  After the temple, we ate more food, and our cousins gave us sweet gifts-traditional stone painting jewelry boxes and a necklace for me and earrings for Rach.  All of our family has been so hospitable and generous.  

Ps. You might notice in the pictures that Rachel looks different-its true!  We cut off her dreads on Friday night!!!! 

No comments: